Do you want to know where your food comes from?
Do you want to know that you’re standing behind a local farmer? Be part of a farm community? Eat some really flavourful veggies (yes, you can taste the difference!)? And get inspired about your food again? If you said yes, then you’re gonna like our fall veggie box program (CSA)!!
We’re Linda and Kendra Danner,
Chief veggie growers and mother-daughter team here at Green Hart Farms.
Our goal is to serve our community by growing some seriously good food while building biodiversity in our farm ecosystem, creating opportunities for meaningful work, and setting an example of profitable, sustainable, small scale farming.
And we believe that everyone should have an opportunity to meet their farmer and know where their food comes from.
How Our Fall Veggie Box Program Works:
Ours is a Veggie Box/CSA program unlike any other! Did I mention that delivery to your door in K-W, Stratford, Cambridge, New Hamburg, and Baden is included in all share prices?? And you get to choose what comes in your cooler bag each week? Yes, we use cooler bags instead of boxes.
Choose your share size (there are 3),
Choose your veggies. . .
Before each delivery, choose from what we’re harvesting. We won’t just give your a random bag of veggies!
Create that to-die-for dinner.
When your veggies arrive on your delivery day, unpack ’em and get cookin’. We’ll even help you out with inspiration via weekly emails and our fb group.
What’s included in a fall vegbox share??
- 8 weekly or 4 biweekly deliveries of fresh, tasty 100% locally grown veggies– all the veggies are either from our farm, or from another local farmer so you are getting some of the freshest produce available AND supporting our community
- The ability to choose your veggies– Each week, you’ll be able to choose your veggies from what we have available. So no kale if you don’t want any!
- Delivery to your door- in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Stratford,New Hamburg and Baden. Save time and cut down on carbon emissions.
- Weekly farm updates so that you can watch your veggies grow.
- Access to our Members-only fb group and other resources- we’ll help you turn those veggies into delicious meals!
- Access to returning member discounts for our Spring 2023 veggie box program (totally worth it!)
What we’re growing this fall (the veggie game plan)
Our fall Veggie Box Progam (CSA) will start off with the end of the summer veggies, then once it gets too cold for those, we’ll have fresh greens + roots and squash from storage.
Until the summer veggies die off. . .
Tomatoes (multiple types, but our cherry tomatoes look like they’ll die off early), peppers (hot and sweet), tomatillos, zucchini, beans, some eggplant, basil, chard, broccoli, leaf celery, possibly stalk celery (this is a trial crop), beets, lettuce, onions, garlic, sunflower shoots, pea shoots
Fall Veggies (Once summer veggies die off)
Winter squash (spaghetti, butternut), onions, beets, pea shoots, spinach, lettuce, bok choi, arugula, radishes, broccoli, kale, chinese cabbage (trial crop for us), chard,brussels sprouts (later), pea shoots, sunflower shoots Roots and squashes will be from storage
What we’re bringing in from other local farms:
Carrots, extra beets and onions, potatoes, apples (from Scotsview orchards), extra squashes, extra garlic, additional items as needed for variety. These will mostly be items from storage, esp after the first frost.
We’ve got a share size to fit your needs. . .
1 item= 1 bunch of radishes/ 1 quart of potatoes/ 1 pint of cherry tomatoes/ 1 large tomato. You get to choose what comes in your bag each week, so the number of items that you get will depend on what you order
Fall Vegbox Delivery Dates:
Here are the delivery dates for our Fall Veggie box program.
- K-W (Wednesday Deliveries):
- Weekly: 1st delivery is Sept 21
- Biweekly: Sept 28, Oct 12, Oct 26, Nov 9
- Cambridge, Stratford, New Hamburg, and Baden (Thursday Deliveries):
- Weekly: 1st delivery is Sept 22
- Biweekly: Sept 22, Oct 6, Oct 20, Nov 3
Farm pickup is also available on Thursdays from 4-7pm at the farm just outside New Hamburg.
What we want for you as part of our farm
We want for you to:
- engage in our farm community + make a new friend or 2 (that’s what our Fb group is for)
- discover new skills and foods to help you eat healthier
- have a deep connection with your food by seeing where it comes from, and the care that goes into growing it.
- rest in the knowledge that you are supporting local farmers