- 1 bunch Komatsuna
- 1 larger potato
- 1 medium onion
- 250 mL milk
- 300 mL water
- 1 Tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 cube Chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
What To Do:
- 1. Cut the komatsuna into short pieces.
- 2. Thinly slice the potato and onion.
- 3. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and saute until just tender. Add the potato and stir to coat it lightly with oil.
- 4. Add the komatsuna and cook a couple minutes until just tender.
- 5. Remove the bay leaf and put the rest into a blender or food processor and blend it well.
- 6. Reheat the soup in a pan or pot and add the milk, salt and pepper
- 7. Enjoy.
If you have chicken broth on hand, you can use this instead. Simply replace the water, and chicken bouillon
Try replacing the bay leaf with a couple stems of fresh Chinese Celery or Italian Parsley chopped finely.