We like these served warm with sour cream or plain yogourt and maple syrup.
What you’ll need:
• 2 c coarsely grated potatoes
• 3 eggs
• 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 tsp salt
• 3 tsp onion, finely grated
What to do:
1. Drain and press excess moisture from the grated potatoes using a muslin cloth or fine screen.
2. Beat the eggs well and stir them into the grated potatoes.
3. Sift together the flour and salt and add it to the potato mixture.
4. Add the grated onion and mix together well.
5. Shape the batter into 1/4″ (6 mm) thick patties about 3″ (8cm) diameter.
6. Saute in 1/4″(6 mm) of hot butter/fat or oil in a pan or use a deep fryer.
7. Remove from oil and let drain on an absorbent paper to remove any excess grease.
8. Keep them warm as you saute the rest of the mix, by setting on a pan in an oven at 200F.
9. Serve warm with applesauce, or sour cream/yogourt with maple syrup.