In this pesto, carrot tops are mixed with spinach to make a pesto that is a bit milder and less carroty.
Try it on crackers and sandwiches or toss it with pasta. If you have more than you’re going to use right away, it freezes well too. You can stow some in small freezer bags and freeze them for quick use later.
What You’ll Need:
- a good handful of fresh carrot tops
- 1 ½ c fresh spinach greens
- 1 fresh green garlic plant, chopped
- ½ c pumpkin seeds or ½ walnut pieces
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
What To Do:
- Thoroughly clean the carrot and spinach greens. Remove the carrot leaves from the tough parts of the stem. Tough stems can be used to make broth or go for composting.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Use right away, or keep it in the fridge for use within a day or two or pack and freeze for later.