This recipe won’t take you long to prepare and… it’s packed with nutrition.
What You’ll Need:
- 190g spaghetti pasta (about ½ of a 375g box)
- 1 bag peas shoots (75g)
- 6 garlic scapes, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 squirts of lemon juice (about a tsp)
- 1/3 c dry crumbly feta cheese
- 2 Tblsp (approx.) cooking oil
- black pepper
What To Do:
- Set water to boil and add ½ tsp salt to it.
- When water begins to boil add pasta and let cook to desired softness following directions for the pasta you have on hand.
- Clean and spin dry the peas shoots using a salad spinner.
- Wash and pat dry the garlic scapes. Then cut them into 1 inch (about 2 cm) long pieces.
- Toss scapes, oil, peas shoots, and lemon juice into a food processor or blender and pulse it a few times. Add just enough oil for the ingredients to be chopped and mixed well.
- Add the feta cheese and stir together or blend to desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the water from the spaghetti pasta when done cooking.
- Add the Garlic and Pea Shoot mixture to the pasta and toss together.
Serve with a few sunflower seeds or pine nuts tossed over top.