• 2 tablespoons corn oil
• 1 large Japanese Eggplant, cut into slices 1 cm thick
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1 Italian frying pepper
• 3 small or 1 large green onion
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 tsp honey
What to do:
1.Place a skillet or large fry pan over high heat and add the oil spreading it to coat the pan.
2. Add the eggplant in a single layer and cover for 1 to 2 minutes. Uncover and turn each piece over to cook the other side.
3. Repeat until eggplant is soft and the skin wrinkled. Then remove the eggplant and set it aside.
4. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and then add the garlic, Italian frying pepper, ginger and green onion to the oil in the pan and stir as it heats for two minutes.
5. Add the eggplant back to the pan and stir together. Add soy sauce, vinegar and honey and mix well. Heat another minute before removing from heat.
If you like more spicy heat use a red chile pepper or habanero in place of the Italian frying pepper.