• 1 large or 3 small green onions, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 long Japanese Eggplant, sliced about 1 cm thick
• 2 medium potato, washed and cubed
• 1 sweet bell pepper (red/orange/yellow), cut into sticks
• 4 tablespoons oil
• 1 tablespoon red wine
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/4 tsp honey
• 1/2 tsp sesame oil
What to do:
1. Mix the cornstarch in the water and set aside.
2. Over medium heat, warm the oil in a large skillet or fry pan. Add the potato and stir occasionally until the potato cubes are soft and slightly browned.
3. Add the sweet pepper to the cooked potatoes and oil and stir fry a minute longer.
4. Remove potatoes and pepper from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the slices of eggplant to the oil in the pan, spreading them in a single layer to cook. Cover and cook over medium heat for a minute. Then stir and cover again for a minute. Repeat this process until the eggplant is cooked. Then remove the eggplant from the pan and set it aside.
6. Add a little oil to the fry pan and add the crushed garlic. Let it cook until getting transparent then add in the potatoes. peppers, and eggplant.
7. Immediately add the wine, soy sauce, ground pepper, sesame oil and honey. Stir together.
8. Turn up the heat a bit and add the cornstarch-water mixture. Then add the chopped green onions.
9. Heat just 1/2 a minute as you stir to coat everything with sauce. Add a little salt if desired.