Fabulous Squash Fritters Recipe
Fabulous Squash Fritters
What you’ll need:
• 2 cups spaghetti squash noodles (Here’s how to get your spaghetti squash noodles.)
• 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
• 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 cups fresh spinach, packed full
• 2 cups packed full of kale chopped or torn into small pieces
• salt and ground pepper, to taste
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs/croutons
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• non-stick Cooking Spray or a little oil
What to do:
- Heat butter or oil in a skillet.
- Add the garlic cloves and heat until just tender.
- Then add the bell pepper, spinach and kale and let cook covered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl mix together flour, bread crumbs, beaten egg, oregano and parsley.
- Add the two mixtures together and stir to mix together well.
- Apply non-stick cooking spray to the baking sheet or use non-stick baking sheet.
- Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake at 400F until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit. Enjoy.