Yummy Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep time: 15 min
- 1 small acorn squash
- 1/3 c white or brown rice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic
- pinch of thyme
- handful or dried cranberries
- feta cheese, crumbled
- Use a fork to punch holes through the shell of the squash (don’t skip this step!)
- Microwave the entire squash for 6 min or until soft.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add rice and 2/3c water. After squash is done, microwave rice for 5-6 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Allow squash to cool. Then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Sprinkle halves with salt and pepper.
- Mix feta cheese, cranberries, shallot, garlic, and thyme with rice. Scoop into squash halves.
- Microwave for 1 minute and serve!