• 325g macaroni pasta
• 400g borage leaves
• 8 T vegetable or olive oil
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/2 c vegetable broth
• ground pepper
• parmesan cheese (crumbles)
What to do:
1. In boiling water cook pasta until al dente – soft but not mushy.
2. Rinse borage leaves and spin dry in a salad spinner. Strip the thicker stem veins from the leaves.
3. Boil the leaves in a bit of salted water for about 3 minutes and then drain water from them.
4. Puree borage together with the oil and lemon juice.
5. Heat the broth and stir in the borage puree.
6. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
7. Drain the pasta and mix the sauce into it, Sprinkle with parmesan or other cheese of choice.
8. Enjoy warm.