These cookies contain seeds, oats, and carrot for a healthy twist on snack time. If you are on a gluten-free diet, use gluten free all purpose flour instead of wheat.
What you’ll need:
• 1 c whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1 c rolled oats
• 1/4 c sunflower seeds
• 1/4 c walnut pieces
• 1/4 c raisins
• 1 c shredded carrots
• 1/2 c honey
• 1/2 c oil
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine first four ingredients and mix well.
3. Stir in the nuts, seeds, and raisins.
4. Beat together oil, honey and vanilla extract.
5. Then stir it into the flour mixture.
6. Drop by teaspoons onto a non-stick or greased baking sheet.
7. Flatten the dough a bit to get the cookies to hold together.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly coloured.
9. Let the cookies sit a minute or two before transferring them to a rack for cooling.
Makes about 40 cookies.