Although Ontario sweet potatoes aren’t in season in February, they can be stored through most of the winter. And that means french fries!
olive oil/corn oil
- Peel your sweet potatoes
- Cut them up into french fries. It’s easiest to cut each potato in half lengthwise, then lay the flat side down and make 1/4 inch slices lengthwise, and then to cut each piece to your desired french fry dimensions. Be careful not to cut yourself!
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place your french fries in a pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and drain off all the water (new step- this keeps your fries from absorbing so much oil)
- Toss fries with oil, salt and pepper. Use enough oil to coat them.
- Spread out on a baking sheet; bake for 20-25 min until crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside. Flip them half way through
- Allow your yummy Ontario Sweet Potato fries to cool and serve them with sour cream!