Make delicious french fries even if you don’t have a deep fryer or air fryer. If you have an air fryer, you don’t need to parboil the potatoes first. You can just cut them into french fry pieces and put them directly into your air fryer.
olive oil/corn oil
- Peel your sweet potatoes
- Cut them up into french fries. It’s easiest to cut each potato in half lengthwise, then lay the flat side down and make 1/4 inch slices lengthwise, and then to cut each piece to your desired french fry dimensions. Be careful not to cut yourself!
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place your french fries in a pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and drain off all the water ( this keeps your fries from absorbing so much oil)
- Toss fries with oil, salt and pepper. Use enough oil to coat them.
- Spread out on a baking sheet; bake for 20-25 min until crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside. Flip them half way through
- Allow your yummy Ontario Sweet Potato fries to cool and serve them with sour cream!