Fried Cabbage goes really well with corned beef, pork chops, grilled chicken and steak, and …
Did you know cabbage is high in potassium and contains more than 36 different kinds of anthocyanins found to support heart health? It’s also rich in soluble fiber and loaded with antioxidants that reduce chronic inflammation…
Now here’s a way to really enjoy it so you get more of those benefits.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 medium cabbage
- ½ tsp turmeric
What To Do:
- Slice the onion thinly and cut into smaller pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Shred enough cabbage for 4 cups. (For more simply adjust recipe amounts and get a larger pot.)
- When butter is bubbling, add the onion and saute until tender, but not brown.
- Add the shredded cabbage.
- Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and stir together to mix well.
- Stir occasionally to ensure it heats through and doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add a ½ tsp of water to the pan and put a lid on to steam lightly for just 2 or 3 minutes at the end.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
You can also add bacon. Just fry it first ahead of the onions.
Try substituting a little paprika in place of the turmeric.
Mini-meatballs or chopped sausage also work well in this simple dish. Got another idea you’d like to try? Why not get creative…