Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
Avoid using ‘new’ potatoes for this recipe, as fully mature ones give a better result.
What you’ll need:
• 6 med. size baking potatoes
• 1/2 c onion, coarsely chopped
• 1/2 c green pepper, coarsely chopped (frozen works too)
• 2 1/2 tablespoon butter
• 1 med. tomato, chopped
• 2 tablespoon milk
• 2 tablespoon butter
• 2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp rosemary, dried & crushed
Variation: Fry some bacon pieces in a pan, drain and add the bacon to the mix.
What to do:
1. Wash, scrub and dry potatoes. Prick with a fork to let moisture escape during baking.
2. Set potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven at 400F for about 50 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
3. Remove from the oven and gently roll over the potatoes with a rolling pin to make insides easier to scoop.
4. Cook onion and green pepper in hot butter in a pan or skillet.
5. Add tomato to onion and green pepper and cook for a minute longer.
6. Cut a thin slice off the top long side of each potato and scoop out the insides being careful not to break the skin.
7. Thoroughly mash the potato insides and whip in milk and the rest of the ingredients. Blend together well.
8. Pile the mixture into the potato skin shells and arrange them on a baking sheet.
9. Sprinkle the paprika over the stuffed potatoes.
10. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and heated through.