Komatsuna – Beef Stir Fry
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bunch komatsuna, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small clove of garlic, choppped fine
½ lb ground beef
2 tsp vegetable/cooking oil
1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
1 Japanese eggplant, sliced thin
1 medium tomato, cut into small chunks
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
a little water
What To Do:
1. Heat oil in frying pan and add the ground beef. Stir and cook over medium heat until brown throughout.
2. Add the garlic and onion and cook until these are just tender.
3. Add the eggplant, sweet pepper and komatsuna.
4. Stir and then add the tomato and turmeric.
5. If it gets a bit dry, add a little bit of water to keep ingredients from sticking to the pan. Reduce heat to very low.
6. Simmer for a couple minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Got leftovers? Simply put into a sealed container and freeze for later.